Thank you for your continued support and participation in WWF’s Earth Hour event. Millions of people called for action on climate change by switching off their lights last year, making it the largest voluntary action in history! In 2011 we would like to invite you to join us again or participate for the first time.
Please mark your calendar and plan to join millions of people in cities around the world in turning off the lights for WWF’s Earth Hour, on Saturday, March 26th from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Taking part is easy. Here are some things you can do:
- Upload an event. Tell us how your city plans to celebrate Earth Hour so that local members can find out what you’re doing and join in. Tell us what you’re doing on our event module. Visit www.EarthHourCanada.org to upload your event – photos, links and custom info can be added!
- Turn off your lights! Show your support by turning off your building lights on Saturday March 26, between 8:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Consider internal and external lights including signage. Please always be mindful of safety and dim lights when it’s not possible to turn them off completely.
- Spread the word throughout your community! Encourage local businesses and citizens to pledge their support on the official Canadian website at www.EarthHourCanada.org
- Communicate your participation in Earth Hour to staff, tenants, and customers. FREE posters are available for download at www.EarthHourCanada.org/downolads. You can even customize it with your own logo!
- Join our Facebook fan page! We’ll be updating our wall feed with the latest news and pictures from around the world and at home. www.facebook.com/WWFCanada
The message of WWF’s Earth Hour is simple: we created this problem, and by working together we can solve it. Let your voice be heard and let us count you in. For the past three years Canada has been a global leader in getting people and cities participating. Let’s pick up from where we left off for Earth Hour 2011. As always, we appreciate your continued support.