Planning Resources & Public GIS Viewer
- The Town of Annapolis Royal Municipal Planning Strategy is an important product of the wishes and participation of the community and has been adopted by the Annapolis Royal Town Council to guide land use and development for the next 5 to 10 years. A Municipal Planning Strategy is a means of expressing the concerns of, and choices available to, the people of Annapolis Royal.
- The Town of Annapolis Royal Land Use Bylaw is the document by which Council implements the Municipal Planning Strategy.
- The Municipal Government Act Statutes of Nova Scotia, 1999 enables Town Council to carry out land-use planning and development control.
- Planning and Development in Annapolis Royal Brochure for useful building and renovation information.
- Application for Changes to a Heritage Property if you plan on starting construction on the exterior of a registered heritage property.
- Development/Building/Occupancy Permit application
- Schedule of Fees (2008)
GIS Viewer – Local Information Utility
We are very excited to be able to launch the second version of our web-based GIS system, called the Local Information Utility. This application allows our town departments easy access to the GIS data stored and maintained on a cloud-based virtual server. It also allows the general public basic access to view maps and find relevant zoning, and other land use information.